Wee Wildcat Tips
- For the first two days of school, parents are allowed to walk their kinder child directly to their classroom.
- After the first two days, you will need to say your goodbyes inside the building in the hug zone.
- If your child arrives between 7:20 - 7:40, they can meet their class in the gym. Their teacher will escort them to their classroom at 7:40. They can bring something to do quietly (like read a book) to pass the time.
- If your child arrives between 7:40-7:50, they can go straight to their classroom.
- You can drop off in the carpool line and your child can go straight into the building.
- If you are parking, you can park on the street, please do not park in the teacher lot.
- Students should arrive no later than 7:50 AM.
- Tardies start at 7:51 AM.
- Kindergartners come out the main building entrance (near the flag) and wait with their class. The kinder teachers try to have the kids out a few minutes before the whole building dismissal.
- Let the teacher know you have your child and are leaving (usually a high-five or a hug from the child is the teacher’s routine).
- You can drive through the carpool line and wait for the teacher to deliver your child, but it is your child’s responsibility to watch for your car and buckle their seat belt.
- If your child is going home with another student (play date), be sure to call the front office or send a note to your child's teacher so that a note can be sent to your child's teacher.
- If your child is sick, you need to contact the office to let them know: (469) 593-4400 You can also email your teacher. A hand written note needs to be delivered to the office within 3 days of your child returning to school.
- If you are taking a vacation and are missing school, notify the teacher as soon as you can. Please be aware that these will be unexcused absences.
- Make sure your child wears tennis shoes on PE days.
- Flip flops are not allowed on ANY day.
- A change of clothes in your child’s back pack might still be a great precaution as they get used to the kinder routine.
- Most girls like to keep a light cardigan in their backpacks and the boys can bring a sweatshirt (classrooms can get chilly). Make sure it is labeled with your child’s first and last name.
- Spaghetti straps are not allowed.
- Lunch can either be brought or bought:
- To Buy: Create an account and fund it at https://paypams.com/ and your child will be assigned a PIN number to use when purchasing lunch. No cash or checks are accepted in the cafeteria line.
- Packed Lunch: If your child packs a lunch, consider a “trash-less” option by purchasing a divided container. This helps children not have to struggle with opening individual packets and containers, and helps the environment too!
- Your child’s teacher will communicate their snack wishes. Sometimes the teachers will let the kids bring in their own snack daily, or the room parents may take a collection to purchase bulk snacks.
- Water bottles are allowed in their cubby and can be taken to lunch with them.
- If you want to visit for lunch, you can do so and eat at the visitor tables in the atrium. You may not invite other students to sit with you.
- Please no visitors during the first three weeks of school, during STAAR testing, or on voting days. The first two weeks, the teachers sit with the classes to support them and teach expectations. The next week, students are without their teacher, but with several monitors (support staff).
- School supplies are purchased through the PTA and distributed to the teachers. You can do this online at the end of School Year or in person at the School Supply Sale. Please note that this is not a fundraiser for our school or PTA, but rather a convenience for RHE families and preferred by our teachers.
- Kinder teachers usually organize all of the supplies together and replenish the stash as needed.
- Back Pack Suggestions:
- Water Bottle
- Light jacket or sweater
- Lunch Box
- Extra Pencils
- The PTA provides biweekly eNews. Make sure you are subscribed through http://www.rhepta.org/communication.html
- Heights PTA Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HeightsPTA
- Tuesday Folders – Graded assignments, PTA flyers and school flyers are sent home every Tuesday. Sign the inside of the folder, empty it and return it with your child to school on Wednesday.