Our Saturday Morning Garden Work Day is coming up this next Saturday, August 12, from 8:00-10:00 am, so we can beat the heat. We will have ice cream sandwiches and popsicles to cool off at the end.
Here is a list of tasks that we would like to accomplish on Saturday if possible:
- Clean wildflower patch by black fence, remove brown or dead flowers, clear weeds
- Pick up any left over construction trash
- Pull weeds all over
- Tidy up watermelon vines to move from walking paths
- Turn, consolidate, water compost
- Spread compost in all beds, turn into soil - I will have bags of compost there
- Pull any dead plants, or any plants that we need to clear for late summer planting
- Set up a red wooden table and stumps for chairs (6) - first we will need to spread remaining mulch in this area by the figs
- Paint wooden bin/planter (if time permits)
- Begin disposing of rock pile (sort through and save nice smooth ones in buckets for garden art projects - this might be a good project for the kids)
- And whatever else we come up with...