What we accomplished:
- Prepared the compost bin area. The RHS students dug up 3 layers of edging stones, removed excess soil and moved it to another bed, leveled the area and set up our 3 wire bins.
- Built an "Aldo Leopold" bench (see last picture) to which we later added a garden related quote on the back rest using a wood burning tool. There are more benches in our future as we continue to refine our model.
- Cut and removed the 3 large dead limbs from the Yaupon Holly to left of pond.
- Installed 1 cattle panel trellis.
- Removed tree stakes / chains that were too tight.
- Removed the thoroughly falling apart "Earth Science Center" sign from the back wall. Will rebuild and re-install.
- Everyone helped pull tons of leaves, twigs, and branches out of the creek and pond and added them to our interior mesh leaf compost bins.
Our next Saturday Workday will be on February 25th.